Why we suggest yearly exams?
At Lakeside Animal Hospital we feel that just like people, pets receive a yearly exam also. These exams are used to check the overall health of your pet and to make sure that your pet does not have any medical problems that you are unaware of. This can be a good time to ask any questions you may have about your pets health or discuss any changes or problems that might be going on.
Why does my pet need an exam to refill it's medication?
Legally dispensing and prescribing a prescription requires a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship which involves an annual exam. Routine exams are periodic blood tests are especially important for pets receiving medications because of the possibility of side effects or changes in their health.
- We primarily operate by appointments - except on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the Month.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before you appointment.
- All dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area.
- All cats must be in appropriate cat carriers
Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will allow another patient access to timely veterinary care.
No Show Policy: A “no-show” is a failure to be present for a scheduled appointment without cancelling it within 24 hours; which will be recorded in the patient’s record as a “no-Show”. This includes arriving 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment. This occurrence will result in a charge of a missed appointment fee of $30. We will request for pre-payment of $60 for missed appointment, is not intended to be a punishment, but rather a guarantee of income for services provided. The deposit will pre-pay for exam on your pet when you reschedule your appointment.
Surgery Appointment No Show Policy: A surgery "no-show" is a failure to be present for a scheduled surgery appointment without providing 24 hours’ notice of cancellation. This occurrence will result in a charge of a missed appointment fee of $200. We will request for pre-payment of half the surgery cost will be needed which can be used for the surgery cost or kept if the appointment is cancelled again.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Lakeside Animal Hospital understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
The Care Credit cardholder must be present with a photo ID and Care Credit card at the time of every transaction.